As a retiree of the Northeast Utilities System, you are eligible to join the Association of Retired Employees of Northeast Utilities (ARENU). If you are interested in becoming a member, you should complete the application form and send it directly to ARENU at the address indicated on the form along with your annual dues.
What is ARENU?
The Association of Retired Employees of Northeast Utilities is a group of individuals who have either retired from the NU system or former employees receiving an NU pension.
What's ARENU's Purpose?
ARENU's purpose is to encourage good fellowship among its members, to promote recreational and social activities, and other worthwhile projects of interest to its members. In 1988 a group of retired NU system employees formed ARENU to establish and maintain broad, two-way communications between retirees an NU management.
ARENU maintains and monitors telephone numbers which may be called at any time:
Out of the Hartford Area: 1-800-286-5000 ext. 3067
Who Belongs to ARENU?
Of approximately 7,500 NU retirees and surviving spouses, more than 3150 are members of ARENU. ARENU maintains chapters in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and satellites in Florida.
How do I Become a Member of ARENU?
Just complete and return an application form. Be sure to enclose a check for your lifetime dues of $25.
ARENU Application Form
More About ARENU
Due to privacy concerns, names of new retirees have been omitted from the on-line version of A-RE-NEWS.
ARENU Trips (PDF Format)
- ARENU 2014 Trip Overview
- Alaska Flyer 2015 (May 6-16, 2015)
- Bermuda Flyer 2015 (May 1-8, 2015)
- Vine to Wine in Vermont (August 24, 2014)
- Eastern Caribbean Escape
- Ireland (October 1 - 8, 2014)
- Charleston, Savannah, & Jekyll Island (October 17 - 22, 2014)
- Brighton Beach Memoiers - Newport Playhouse (November 16, 2014)
- Dublin City Ramblers (March 19, 2014)
- Hawaii Cruise (January 22 - February 1, 2015)
- Italy Flyer 2015 (April 21 - May 1, 2015)